• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

I will Back on the Bank soon

Yes i have got the gear ready and my brother is going to getme back on the bank after a long lay off ,
I was diagnosed with MS last october and have been coming to terms with a different type of life. As i have now got walking diffcultys and balance proplems so fishing on my own is a no-no now but hay-ho theres people a lot worse off than me. at least i can still drive. be it i dont go to far now.
so iam looking forward to catching up with some old mates on the bank soon.
Mazobarb;)

Best of luck when you get back to the fishing Steve, sounds like you've had a rough time of it.

Steven- I really hope you manage some time on the bank and even land a fish or two. Your situation is a reminder to us all that perhaps we should worry less about whether or not we have landed 3 different 16lb fish in one session, or rigs or bait or whatever. Good luck.

Steven- I really hope you manage some time on the bank and even land a fish or two. Your situation is a reminder to us all that perhaps we should worry less about whether or not we have landed 3 different 16lb fish in one session, or rigs or bait or whatever. Good luck.

Well said Howard . Good luck Steven , fishing is the best therapy :)

Good luck Steven, I hope you have great success in your efforts to return to the world you used to enjoy. Step by step fella, just take it easy....and here's hoping a decent fish or three turn up now and then to help you along the way.

Cheers, Dave.

Good luck to you Steven all the best matey you will get there...

I am in the same boat Steven on a walking frame at the moment.more testing to come.not wet a line since last year but I keep thinking about the good days on the river and keep reading the site and that is giving me help.i will be 86 in may and determined to catch more barbel so keep at em and good luck and tight lines
Albert:)

I am in the same boat Steven on a walking frame at the moment.more testing to come.not wet a line since last year but I keep thinking about the good days on the river and keep reading the site and that is giving me help.i will be 86 in may and determined to catch more barbel so keep at em and good luck and tight lines
Albert:)

Hi Albert, I am willing to bet that is no ordinary frame you have there...I reckon it will be the souped up GT version :D

One thing that occurred to me Albert is that while you are waiting to get yourself sorted, how about writing up a few of your wonderful tales about your adventures on the Banks for us? We have all had a few chuckles at some of the antics you have posted up, and I bet you have a wealth of great stories you could keep us amused with over the winter period. Give it a thought mate, I for one would look forward to reading more :)

Cheers, Dave.

Hi David,you are indeed a prince among men.i always read your comments.fingers on the pulse and a lucid answer to most things.i have no ambitions to become a scribe .however I might think of something one of these days.i hope I am not going funny just bought some more bait .last season I was using a rope and a dog stake.i can hardly lift a cup up at the mo.my wife just force fed me 2cans of the black stuff.such is life.:eek:
Albert

Well done in coming to terms with a long term illness, fishing is not all about big fish, enjoy the fact that you can get out when you can in the fresh air, surrounded by wonderful wildlife and hopefully some of your good mates. Good luck.

Nick

Just a great big thank you to you all for the kind words.
I did think for a time my fishing days were over, But i thouht lifes to short so lets go .
i will let you know how i get on.
Thanks again all
Steve

Back