• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

How often do you go?

Hi Lewis,
If conditions are perfect five yes five nights a week.
If not at least twice a week.
I live about three miles away from the Thames.
Paul.

Monday Wednesday and Friday and 1 extra day if needed throughout the season including December Jan and Feb.

Used to go three times during the week and then at the weekend. Got stuck in a rut and haven't been barbel fishing for a year!

Looking forward to the occasional autumn/winter evening by the river now though.

Fits and starts, as the mood and the year and life take me. Sometimes much too much, other times not for weeks, even months - at least for barbel.

But then a few weeks ago, walking and sunbathing and micro-bins birdspotting, I found some chub.

On went some decent dark glasses.

Nice chub - fours and fives.

Then a ruddy great, sharp-nosed, orange-finned, brown-gold torpedo came out of nowhere.

Lucky I had shorts on.

12? No, more like 13-plus.

I'll be out after her this late autumn and winter, barbel-hat on.

Last season nearly once a week, sometimes 2 days and nights a week, had a month off.100 mile round trip so cant do just a few hours. This season has been terrible for barbel, great for carp, so need to catch some good barbs now so prob back to once a week.

I'm like Darren,

Not wet a line since I got back from Carp fishing in Canada in May, not sure why but I just can't motivate myself to go!!

Saying that I'm off to the fish in at Fiskerton at the end of the month and really looking forward to that, the gear will have to be sorted and polished first though!!

Regards

Wazzy

I have been 8 times so far this season...that works out about two thirds of a time per week :D. Thats pretty average for me. At my time of life, it is when the fancy takes me, and family allows. I like it that way, but then thats me :p

Cheers, Dave.

Time between pulling off the drive to lowering a bait in the Loddon is under 10 minutes for me hence lots of short sessions. If the conditions are right it is wise to drop everything and go for it!

Steve

I go most days of the week along with some short carping sessions thrown in as well. Work three days go fishing the rest of the time. Spend a few hours with her indoors in the afternoon before going down the Severn or wherever takes my fancy.

Living within 20 minutes drive of the Loddon I go between 3 to 5 times a week. Usually I leave when the kids are tucked up in bed, which means I arrive in the dark, then a few hours later I leave in the dark usually having caught not alot. Better than sitting in front of the telly. :)

Usually twice a week, though I may occasionally sneak an extra session. For me all of the Severn from Welshpool down to Buildwas is between 30 and 50 minutes drive.

My time is more or less my own (with the wifes permission ) even so,I split my time between boat fishing off north / east Yorkshire,beach fishing the same areas,fishing abroad,bass fishing in Cornwall,and fishing local streams and reservoirs ,I just checked my diaries and have been barbelling 12 times this year,the frightening thing is the total number of trips I have made overall.I just hope that er indoors never checks up on the cost involved............another thing that worries me is that when I pop my clogs,she sells my gear for what I told her it cost me.

Dave

Back