• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

How many rods do you own?

Rod Thieves

Hi Guys,
Put rods in loft....park Staffie on landing at night.....don't feed Staffie until morning....simples:eek:
G.T.

Not so many these days ! As the mrs quite rightly says, you can only use one at a time ! (Almost right I guess).
I do however have a bit of a float and leger buying problem ! Every visit to the tackle shop usually results in a couple of a avons and or chubbers and a couple of camo leads 'just in case' (Shippo will chuckle at this one) !

Pretty much the same - had over 40 rods at one point - trimmed down to 11 now and can still cover most species/situations. All in the loft. ;) My collection of leads and feeders is still growing . . . .

2 barbel rods
2 avon rods
2 float rods
2 carp rods
1 spinning rod
1 poor excuse for a pike rod

I'd like to see someone try and steal mine!!

Ah well I must confess to having quite a few, most of them trusted old friends.

Talking of trusted old friends, a fishing friend, who is building a new rod for my forthcoming birthday, asked me, " Don't you ever throw anything away? "

I had to reply,

" Not unless I am forced to."

As ever

Hugo

2 Greys Prodigy 1.75 barbel rods
2 Greys Prodigy 2.75 carp rods (not seen light of day for 5 years!)
1 North Western 1.5 Specimen
1 John Wilson 11/13 Avon
1 Bob James Avon prototype
1 Conoflex Avon (glass)
1 Bob James 13/15 float rod
1 original Drennan Tench Float
1 #7 9.5' fly rod
1 F J Taylor Roach rod by Chapmans
1 Southwell cane Avon
2 telescopic travel rods
1 light spinning rod (resides in Florida)

Apart from the carp rods they have all been used in recent years, though some very infrequently!

You really a lot of old Queens, what do you need so many rods for?
Me I have a just two rods I use for most Barbel situations and a couple of float rods too, the other 32 are on standby :)

I buy and sell until I get the stuff I want. Fishing in many different styles for different types of quarry doesn't help in keeping things minimal. I've got the buying bit completely sussed. The selling part is a little more difficult. I've been in shops that have fewer rods than I have.:eek:

i'm loathed to post on this thread, cos I'm going to get some grief/banter when certain people read it...

2 x AKN116
4 x Torrix
2 x FS barbel seekers
1 century Big river (not sure of exact title)
1 chimera flood & snag
1 9ft Harrison stalker
1 10ft Harrison stalker
Another 10 ft harrison stalker
1 bank creeper
1 mark tunley hit and hold
3 x mk1 Terry Hearn’s
1 x Drennan Tench float rod
1 silstar edge match rod
1 greys 4 piece
1 daiwa ledger rod
2 daiwa pike rods
A pole and a couple of whips.

I think I have a problem, may have forgotten one or two. This will also explain why I can’t get in my loft for all the rod tubes littering the place.

i'm loathed to post on this thread, cos I'm going to get some grief/banter when certain people read it...

2 x AKN116
4 x Torrix
2 x FS barbel seekers
1 century Big river (not sure of exact title)
1 chimera flood & snag
1 9ft Harrison stalker
1 10ft Harrison stalker
Another 10 ft harrison stalker
1 bank creeper
1 mark tunley hit and hold
3 x mk1 Terry Hearn’s
1 x Drennan Tench float rod
1 silstar edge match rod
1 greys 4 piece
1 daiwa ledger rod
2 daiwa pike rods
A pole and a couple of whips.

I think I have a problem, may have forgotten one or two. This will also explain why I can’t get in my loft for all the rod tubes littering the place.

Daiwa AKN's Jon, if you need some extra space in your loft I can help!!!

6 barbel rods, 3 carp rods, 2 spinning rods, 1 light quiver rod, 1 beachcaster, 1 swing tip rod

Back