• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

How does one book this beat PLEASE.

Tim Speller

I know the rough location, but can't find anything what so ever about booking the beat itself, who to call, what's it known as, contact details .

Bob James Favourite beat, and I've looked at the internet until I have square eyes...Nothing anywhere"...does anyone have any contact details please.

Think these were filmed on private beats that can’t be booked. Think the aerial shot of one is possibly( and I stand to be corrected) below the Whitney Court stretch but private

I am really uncertain....Bob James referes to the beat as "My Beat...and my favourite beat"....so I am uncertain if he pwns it or rents it....but I read somewhere on a facebook link.... One chap asked "how to book" and Bob replied contact me....although this post online was 2 years ago...but no phone or contact information anywhere for the chap to actually contact him or anyone else.

It's not too far from Canon Bridge hotel....and very close to Shepherds Meadow Farm - a farm with commercial buildings....so I know exactly where it is...but No contact information anywhere...apart from Bob James saying it's named after his favourite dog ...a Jack Russel

If It's private so-be-it....

If anyone has google earth: click this link:

yes good call I'll try that Mark...thanks for your replies. Much appreciated...went in 2020 and 2021.... for 2 days each and didn't manage to catch.... so 1 week this time...retirement from last month is proving fun....I hope. Enjoy your fishing.

Back