• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Hook lengths

Brian Timson

Just after opinions on storing made up hook lengths as the rig boards I use tend to kink the line if the length is over 12". I know I could make them up at the bankside but prefer to do it at home.

Opinions readily accepted though not necessarily adopted lol

Brian

You need a rig wallet,I have the Trevor west one. Its just a oblong piece of stiff foam which you can wrap your rigs around whatever the length then you Velcro the wallet around.

I must be different to every one else :eek:
I use little plastic envelopes 75mm x 100 mm with a sealable top bought from a stationers .
White sticky labels with a note on with what the rig is Hook size , Breaking strain , hook length etc etc .
When finished just wrap the rig around your fingers to make a couple of loops and pop in the envelope .
Its stores nice and flat in your bits box :)

For rigs greater than 12 inch - I use the cd light plastic envelopes & place these in a slightly bigger plastic sleeve. Pack down to nothing & no weight. Rigs to greater than 6 foot, no problem as long as their wrapped nicely & a slight stretch before use.

i use a 4' piece of rod tube with a piece of pipe lagging inside, hooks in end of the lagging and pins on the other end of rig. no more curly rigs like you get with rig bins :)

I try to tie all my rigs at home prior to a session or on the bank.. it save time and lost fish.

Back