• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Hook length retainer

Cliff Turner

Senior Member & Supporter
I'd be interested to hear what you are using to retain your hook lengths, particularly longer ones of say 24" and longer ? I've tried rig boards but not found an ideal solution yet ? Thought about rig bins but not tried them to date ? Thanks.

Was going to suggest exactly the same as Joe - I use those for pike traces and have done so for years and they are excellent. As a bonus, they're also at the cheapest end of the available named rig bins - the no-name el cheapo ones are only a quid or 2 cheaper and aren't as sturdy.

Mini rig bins are great for long hooklinks and take up less space than the big ones. There are also some storage systems for zig rigs that might be worth a look.

I'm with Rhys,got some old wallets that were free with magazines way back,hold 8 lengths and take up no space at all :)

Cheap sea fishing rig holders are ideal

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-11-17-41-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-09-11-17-41-05.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 247
Cliff have you tried a korum maxi rig board?
I use one and have links on it up to 4 foot. It's double sides and comes with plenty of pins.

Dave

Im using the Lone Angler Rig Wrap nice bit of kit....

Back