• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Home page Rother barbel

Ian Hugo Arnott

My congratulations to Dave Chambers on his magnificent fish from the lovely Rother,

Well done sir!

Regards

Hugo

Hello Dave,
Have just checked my pictures and that is definately the same fish that I had at 15lb 8oz 2years ago, and the same fish that Martin had at 15lb 3oz.
The dark spot patern, pardon the pun, is spot on. Looks as if she is putting on about half a pound a year and wants to keep the record. Am going tomorrow, should be ok after the cold snap.
Cheers
Colin

Now that it a big fish , well done , top dangling .Also good to see that it is getting bigger and in such good condition , a testament to the great care the previous captors have taken when handling the fish .

Many thanks for your kind words lads . And yes Colin I did think it was the same fish, I had a little go this afternoon but failed miserably . Water temp had risen 0.9 to 41.09 when I left so should be ok tomorrow !

I haven't been out for a long time, for various reasons....but I must say a magnificent fish like that really does get the juices flowing again :p

Wonderful fish.

Cheers, Dave.

well done dave,
thats one hell of a nice fish, and looks in prime condition as well, makes it all the
sweeter

I have to say that is a STONKER of a fish.
Very well done, fish like that are never easy to find, let alone catch!

Enjoy the moment.

It's called "fishing" and not "catching" for a very good reason.

Don't you just love seeing people catch fish like that, I know I do!!

Well done Dave, thats a cracking fish matey....

Looking back, these really great fish seem to be popping up on a regular basis recently....the relatively mild winter seems to be a crucial factor I guess. Still not been out though......

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited:
Well done Dave, that's a beauty.

Hope to see you at 'the other place' before too long!

Jon

Looking back, these really great fish seem to be popping up on a regular basis recently....the relatively mild winter seems to be a crucial factor I guess. Still not been out though......

Cheers, Dave.

David Not for me lately they bloody haven’t.

I have not forgotten about our trip to your local water, will get around to it before March………Honest!!

Back