• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Home page picture

David Gauntlett

Yet another stunning fish on the home page I see. Sounds daft I suppose, but even now it never fails to impress me every time I see a big power house of a fish like that, and I don't just mean barbel...though they are a bit special :D. I can't explain it really, though I assume it is the same for many of us. It just seems seeing a fish like that, even just a picture, has me taking a deep breath and staring in admiration. To me, they look like one massive scale covered muscle with fins....and I guess that's exactly what they are....that and beautiful :D

No doubt the day I stop feeling that way about them will be the day I give up fishing....I really do hope that day never comes.

Cheers, Dave.

As quite a few of us know a thirteen pounder is a very very good fish for the Trent and not as commonas some would think. The very top of an elongated pyramid in my opinion.

Well done,

Jon

Back