• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Home page photo

Jon Whelan

Nice one to Jon Frisby for his recent productive Tidal Trent session topped by the 12lb 1oz solid looking barbus on the home page. Good to see you getting part of your dues Jon for the effort you've put in now & that of the closed season.

Keep it up & leave us a few!

Cheers, Jon

I think the dog is the star of the show and keep on expecting to see a picture of it holding a fish before too long as it seems to get in on every picture i've seen of Jon holding a fish! ;)

Trevor

Cheers guys, it was the icing on the cake of a belting session on the TT. It included 20 Barbel, of which there was 3 doubles. All caught in a 7 hour session. My dog Paddy is a bit of a star he goes everywhere with me. When he is off his lead, he always comes down to the rivers edge to watch me land the fish, sometimes getting in the way by standing in my landing net. He can also sniff out luncheon meat from miles away, but thats another story.
The picture isnt a classic, but i will be working on my presentation for my next double.

Cheers

Jon

Nice photo all the same Jon....my spaniel was ok with me on the bank but my current one.........no chance.Daisy the Dalmation!!!
Thinking about it my spaniel cut short my last trip to the Severn before I had to take a fishing breather 14 years ago....it ate the remainder of my Bacon Grill whilst I went to get someone to photograph a fish for me.So maybe not that great after all!!:D
But we wouldn't be without them would we.

Cheers
Rich:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cracking fish Jon,
20 barbel in 7 hours ..... :eek: WOW !!
Excellent angling, congratulations a brilliant catch.

Ian.

Well done to Danny Collins for that cracking Kennet fish...It would have put a smile on my face as well Danny...I'm envious !! :D

Posts 1-5 refer to a home page picture which dates back to July last year,time and dates can be seen in top LH corner of post.....Rather than start yet another thread I thought I would search the title "Home Page Photo" and use it to comment on the current picture....:)

Back