• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

holt fleet river severn

Ian Roscoe

can anyone tell me is it worth fishing holt fleet,ive heard there are bream and barbel.never fished it before,would like to know what to target.would like to catch a few bream somewhere on the severn.i've heard grimley is good.any help please.thankyou.ian.

It has a weir and is a good area for Barbel, but the downside is the amount of chancer's without a licence there get there in the Summer. Grimley and Hallow (grim and shallow) is OK , but it's not prolific, used to be good for big Barbel, not so sure now. My advice would be Severn Stoke on the BAA, plenty to go at and the chance of a whacker. Feeder fish it with smaller pellets on the hook and you might get a few good Roach Bream etc. IF the Barbel show it will probably be at dusk, close in.

It has a weir and is a good area for Barbel, but the downside is the amount of chancer's without a licence there get there in the Summer. Grimley and Hallow (grim and shallow) is OK , but it's not prolific, used to be good for big Barbel, not so sure now. My advice would be Severn Stoke on the BAA, plenty to go at and the chance of a whacker. Feeder fish it with smaller pellets on the hook and you might get a few good Roach Bream etc. IF the Barbel show it will probably be at dusk, close in.
thannkyou for your reply Neal.

Back