• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

High back comfy chair that's light.

Rob Paylor

I'm sure it's been asked a million times so I'm sorry 😂

I'd like a chair that's comfy, not too heavy and that I can nap in basically. Does such a thing exist?

Sadly now discontinued but someone might have one ?

the JRC Stealth X-Lite RECLINER is the dogs danglies think its 4.4kg but I fall asleep in mine a lot lol

I have a Trakker levelite Longback chair, it has arms , but doesn't recline but I do nod off in it. I did have the original JRC cocoon , extremely comfy and reclines, only reason I got rid was that it was quite low to the ground.

50-60 quid. 4kg, high back, reclines, strong as an ox, proper mud feet, loads of independent height adjustment, zip away shoulder strap. ive used it loads and loads and slept on it twice. Absolutely brilliant for the money. I honestly couldn’t see how something twice the price could be an upgrade. I use it for light travel too. It’s 4kg on a shoulder strap.
27C174BA-BC96-4EC9-B5FB-DCA472668F17.jpeg

I have
Fox Duralite XL Chair - CBC073 about £100

• Based on top-selling Duralite chair but for anglers that prefer a bigger chair with a higher back
  • Arm rests for extra comfort
  • Strong but exceptionally lightweight Duralite Magnesium Alloy Construction
  • 3D Mesh and polyester padded seat aids comfort whilst helping to keep overall weight low
  • Fully adjustable legs that lock into position
  • Large swivelling mud feet
  • Rated to 180kg
  • Dimensions: 55cm width, 52cm seat depth, 70cm back height. Height 33 – 40cm
  • Weight: 3.75kg
  • Main outer fabric - 100% Polyester, padding/filling – 100% Polyurethane

I've got one of the Prestige chairs & find it very good, (in fact it's the one in the video as I got it as `ex-display'!)
Watch out for the knobs falling off though, you need to screw them on tight - I lost one & had to buy a spare ( pause for sniggering ...)

Only one thing I would say IMHO the only true comfy chair I have ever used and trust me I owned a few has to have elastic suspension like the x-light type it has like bungy elastic all the way round but you pay your money you make your choice 👍

I have
Fox Duralite XL Chair - CBC073 about £100

• Based on top-selling Duralite chair but for anglers that prefer a bigger chair with a higher back
  • Arm rests for extra comfort
  • Strong but exceptionally lightweight Duralite Magnesium Alloy Construction
  • 3D Mesh and polyester padded seat aids comfort whilst helping to keep overall weight low
  • Fully adjustable legs that lock into position
  • Large swivelling mud feet
  • Rated to 180kg
  • Dimensions: 55cm width, 52cm seat depth, 70cm back height. Height 33 – 40cm
  • Weight: 3.75kg
  • Main outer fabric - 100% Polyester, padding/filling – 100% Polyurethane
Had a sit on one of these in fosters a few years back. Was comfy and feels extremely light

What's all this about comfort and having a kip ?
I thought the idea was to have a very uncomfortable chair so you stay awake and don't miss any bites.😁

I'm a carper, bite alarms my boy! 😂 Although I had just turned both mine off last night and wound in one rod when the remaining one went, so I did get to experience an unadulterated bite for once! 😂

Heads I stay sitting here and let it run, tails I get up and take the fish.................. Dam it ......
Bloody tails 🤣🤣
At least I'll get to see the sky at night in comfort and watch for shooting stars! 😆
(Rods alway next to me fixed down on baitrunners and alarms!)

Last edited:
50-60 quid. 4kg, high back, reclines, strong as an ox, proper mud feet, loads of independent height adjustment, zip away shoulder strap. ive used it loads and loads and slept on it twice. Absolutely brilliant for the money. I honestly couldn’t see how something twice the price could be an upgrade. I use it for light travel too. It’s 4kg on a shoulder strap.
View attachment 11864

My one of these lasted just over a year, Richard. The thread on the right hand mechanism started extending outwards when tightened and got progressively worse until it came loose completely. Probably fixable, but lost the spring when it came apart. I’m terrible with chairs... Not sure why. I’ve now had chairs from NGT, Chub, Trakker, Prestige and Fox and from the bottom, middle and top ends of the market and nothing has lasted more than 14 months...

Replaced it with this from TFG, which is was on sale on Total Fishing Tackle. Very comfortable, but big and a bit of the heavy side. Perfect for overnighters and sessions that only require a short walk.

I’m in the market for a lightweight stalking chair now though...

Back