• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Hi s 2lb barbel pair off

Daniel Earl

Senior Member & Supporter
Pair of custom built hi s 2lb barbel rods 500 delivered as new condition used a couple of time.

This won’t be to everyone taste but before you spit your tea out with the lack of cork involved feel free to take a look 🙂.

Spec

All black whiping

Full duplon handles conned duplon front 18inc length

Black clone real seats with green isotopes

Stainless solar but caps

1k carbon line clips 6 inch from real seat

Kigen gun smoke ringing standard spec spacing as used in the standard spec of the hi s build but using Kigen rings and nice anti frap tip.

They’re just not for me saving up for some torix in 11 foot.

Lovely high quality rods and even nicer rod but don’t suit me.

Attachments

• IMG_4074.jpeg
    IMG_4074.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_4075.jpeg
    IMG_4075.jpeg
    220.3 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_4078.jpeg
    IMG_4078.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_4077.jpeg
    IMG_4077.jpeg
    294.7 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_4076.jpeg
    IMG_4076.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_4081.jpeg
    IMG_4081.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_4079.jpeg
    IMG_4079.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_4080.jpeg
    IMG_4080.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 231
It’s a lovely rod crisp light etc I just prefer the feel of a 11 foot for where and what I’m fishing

Pair of custom built hi s 2lb barbel rods 500 delivered as new condition used a couple of time.

This won’t be to everyone taste but before you spit your tea out with the lack of cork involved feel free to take a look 🙂.

Spec

All black whiping

Stainless solar but caps

Kigen gun smoke ringing standard spec spacing as used in the standard spec of the hi s build but using Kigen rings and nice anti frap tip.

Hi Daniel
What is it about the rod action you don't like??? I've not handled a FS hi s barbel rod, but I would love to put it on my wishlist. I read a few comments that people don't like the action, some prefer the speaker range, so interested in your thoughts
Regards Wayne

it’s interesting like everything, everyone has different opinions. Terry loves his above, and by a long shot I don’t hate them. For me I had these in order for ages and was using a different rod which I grew to love which is more like a torix which I’ve now fully played with and for me the 11ft 2lb is superb for my needs , But for others it’s not.

These rods are crisp light recover well, bends through under load in a progressive manor but after handling and puting line though both an 1.75 and 2lb torix I want to free the money to buy the 2lb 11 foot torix.

It’s a simple as that I can’t keep both sets 😊 hope it helps. Don’t let the comments of some out you off they may just be the one for you, and in my case I have something I like slightly more to sit behind spending hours blanking 🤣

Spec

All black whiping

Stainless solar but caps

How much pal?

Ebay seller fees have just kicked in so was due to put them up today would do 450 delivered the pair for a member if they go today :) Like I say like new used twice.

Back