• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Hexagraph Wanted

Hi Martin, hope you are keeping well? What test curve are you looking for, I have a 1lb one which I may be willing to part with.

I built my first rod last year from the top 2 sections of a 15' B&W salmon Hexagraph rod so its now 10'. Its fairly powerful and I am going to redo the whippings this close season as well as converting a second one I purchased. I couldn't justify the cost of one myself so this is second best.

These are a stretch but wonderful looking.

This Bruce and walker Hexagraph of mine would stop a bus!

1710360369566.jpeg

At the last Redditch tackle fair in November there was a trader there that had a half dozen different Hexis , all in as new condition , roughly £ 600 .00 each give or take .
I was sorely tempted.
Problem was my wife was stood behind me .🙁
TBH I could not justify another rod . But if Carlesberg made carbon fibre fishing gear ……………..

David

Getting ever more expensive, as they're no longer made.
Paid £400 for a secondhand Ray Walton Avon No 2, 10 years ago!
Still use it all the time - a wonderful rod, whether on the Dove or the margins of the Upper Trent.

Back