• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Help Required on SCOTTIE rod

Lee Noakes

Hi I am in need of some help with a price, I have a mint Scottie Fred Crouch perfection rod I am thinking of selling. I think I have only used it about 5 times and cant see me doing so, but cant seem to find any details of second hand prices, any thoughts
Cheers
lee

Lee, if i were selling (and i've had two, so am familiar with the rod) i'd expect £180-£200, but would go the ebay route and hope for a bid war. I wouldn't be surprised if you got £250 if that was the case. They're nice rods but, being the North London-made rods rather than the original Aberdeen company, are not as sought after. Great rod for someone looking for a fair, new cane rod though.

All very subjective, of course. To some they are worthless panda fodder, but if you find someone keen you could be pleasantly suprised!

Good luck.

Jon

Cheers Jon
I was hoping for about £225 so that seems about right
I now use a pair of hexagraphs which is another can of worms on the cane rod front
Many thanks for your reply
What do you think the hardy glass rod prices are like now adays as i have quite a collection
lee

Back