• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Help on new waters

N

Nick Hay

Help on new waters, within 1hr or so from Bedford

Hi all,
Looking at trying another river for next year and before I go trawling the web can anyone recommend club waters within an hours travel of Bedford in any direction ?
I am aware of the Lea although club info would be appreciated but not familiar going north so any help would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing, 32 hits in 2 hours and no advise, helpful lot aren't we !

Nick have a look at vauxhall angling club, they have the ouse and a few lakes,

Hope this helps

Pat

Nick, I think you will find most folk are very helpful. The title of your thread does not indicate which part of the country and for my part, I am in Berkshire so unable to help. But I needed to view your thread before realising that. I imagine 30 odd more folk are in the same position. Give it time.

I have heard there are barbel at Chowns Mill on the upper Nene at Irthlingborough. Free stretch just close to the A6/A45 junction. Not been there yet but one I plan to look at next season.

Here it is on Google maps Google Maps

Thanks guys,some response is better than none. Good point about the header Howard, will change it.

ATB,

Nick

Howard, I could probably do Berkshire in an hour or so on a good day !

John N, thanks for that info, not too far from me and as it is free mabe worth a punt but saying that free means packed I guess.

John N, thanks for that info, not too far from me and as it is free mabe worth a punt but saying that free means packed I guess.

Nick, I also fish the Ouse but around MK and Newport P, and this year have found it particularly difficult.
I decided to join a little club in Bewdley on the Severn it's just over the hour from MK, peddle to the metal all the way.
Alternatively join Birmingham Anglers AC a great value ticket with some great stretches of the Warwickshire Avon,Severn and the rive Teme, I have held one for a couple of seasons and although I only used it a couple of times I had some great days on the Severn and Avon.

Steve ;)

Nick, as a starter for the Kennet you have Newbury, Thatcham and Reading clubs to choose from. Can't add anything in terms of the Thames though. Cheers.

Thanks guys for the info, will have a look at the clubs mentioned, looks like the W. Avon maybe the way I go, will stick something on the river thread see if anyone has any specific info.

Good luck for the rest of the season to all who venture out.

Nick

Hi men,

Stephen , same with me , Leighton buzzard to Thames in an hour , 15 mins more to the Kennet , slightly less to Loddon .

Hatter

Back