• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

help lads

Trevor James

about 3 years back I got some heavy duty landing net handles about 6 ft long extending to about 10ft 6in quite thick with a cam lock when extended colour black no logo on them, got them from the bristol avon area, put on to them by a member on this site. can any one put me in contact, had both nicked last week while coaching. thanks to all who take the time to read this, Trevor.

Think that you may be talking about the Keenets Powerstretch Handles, BFW sold them at one time but think they are discontinued now, sometimes come up on ebay...

Repeat post by mistake

For the price I think they were the best extending net handles around I have had mine for a long long time,and it is as good as the day I bought it.I was thinking of getting another for my Mullet fishing,but cannot find one anywhere I will be interested to see any results .
Dave

It sounds very similar to a landing net handle that I bought a few years ago. They were heavyweight affairs and on the cam was the logo Xtenda. I believe that they were recommended on here but purchased via EBay. The complaint was that they were on the heavy side and required a mod. I remember purchasing a couple - Stephen Scaysbrook may recall more than I can.

Yeah still got mine Jim. Never used it. As you say quite heavy but I think it would take a lot of hard use it feels very robust and strong.It does'nt really matter how heavy it is because once I get to my peg it just lay's on the ground untill I go home.You got mine for me Jim of Ebay for £9.99 if I remember right but it was a few years ago now. I tend to use my Drennan SS pole and just leave the heavy one gathering dust in the corner just incase the Drennan lets me down. I must say I've had the drennan for about six years or more and its never let me down. Thats done it.

Yeah still got mine Jim. Never used it. As you say quite heavy but I think it would take a lot of hard use it feels very robust and strong.It does'nt really matter how heavy it is because once I get to my peg it just lay's on the ground untill I go home.You got mine for me Jim of Ebay for £9.99 if I remember right but it was a few years ago now. I tend to use my Drennan SS pole and just leave the heavy one gathering dust in the corner just incase the Drennan lets me down. I must say I've had the drennan for about six years or more and its never let me down. Thats done it.

You may as well go out and get the widget that goes wrong on those handles now Stephen, because as you say....that's done it....for sure :D

Cheers, Dave.

Back