• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Help in identifying reels

Paul Bullinger

Senior Member & Supporter
A member of our local angling club, of which I am Secretary, kindly donated some tackle to be sold to help club funds.
Amongst the boxes of gear were several old reels. They are not in the best of conditions but I was wondering if anyone on this forum can identify them? Do they have any value?
20240206_155813.jpg
20240206_155855.jpg
20240206_160058.jpg
20240206_160109.jpg

The first well, no idea, the second looks like either a Rapidex or maybe a Trudex? Its hard to tell without seeing it “edge on “ so to speak. A Rapidex has a cage , which the spool slips into ,and a Trudex doesnt have . The reel in the picture has its spindle cap missing ,and its spool retention spring missing so that would affect its value , probably about £15 in its present state which is not looking too good TBH .

The third and fourth are Mitchell “Match “ reels with a one touch bail arm. They are really quite a common reel, Mitchell sold them by the thousand, I have a couple myself, but mine are the 300’s with a manual bail.
The black fixed spool is quite manky looking I would say again .£15.00 , the match maybe £20-25. tops.

I do quite a lot of vintage tackle fairs as a stallholder and the prices above are what I would consider to be fair, probably being a bit generous with the centrepin really.

David

Last edited:
Back