• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Hello - New to forum

Hi Everyone,

Having dabbled many years ago with somewhat limited success, I decided during this closed season that I'd put a bit of effort in this year after Barbel. I had a few in 2006/7 from one of the bigger Midlands Rivers and really enjoyed the challenge of fishing for them. Since moving to Gloucestershire in 2011 however, my Barbel rods have sadly been collecting dust in the shed while other priorities took pride of place. Until now that is!

I applied to join the Forum yesterday having visited a couple of times as a lurker. I've really enjoyed some of the very interesting stuff I've found to read and I look forward to hopefully being in the position of being able to contribute in a positive manner during the course of this Season. I'll be targeting my local rivers.

Tight lines to all!

Kind regards,
Dave

Hi Everyone,

Having dabbled many years ago with somewhat limited success, I decided during this closed season that I'd put a bit of effort in this year after Barbel. I had a few in 2006/7 from one of the bigger Midlands Rivers and really enjoyed the challenge of fishing for them. Since moving to Gloucestershire in 2011 however, my Barbel rods have sadly been collecting dust in the shed while other priorities took pride of place. Until now that is!

I applied to join the Forum yesterday having visited a couple of times as a lurker. I've really enjoyed some of the very interesting stuff I've found to read and I look forward to hopefully being in the position of being able to contribute in a positive manner during the course of this Season. I'll be targeting my local rivers.

Tight lines to all!

Kind regards,
Dave
Welcome Aboard Dave,
As you are finding out there are interesting threads, humorous threads and i’m Very pleased to say not very many contentious threads. Ask a question and there’s always someone who will come up with an answer which normally leads to a healthy debate. I’m sure you’ll enjoy and soon be contributing.
Regards
Bill

Welcome from me Dave

Back