• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Headtorch ?

I’ve got one and it’s a great torch. I went for the 150 but I wish they’d do a really low light setting and make it less bulky.
most of my head torch work is right at the bank side of small clear rivers threading baits on etc and I only want a couple of lummens to do that. The RM lowest setting is too bright for me.
Hi Richard, yes the low setting is still a bit bright, which I use most of the time. Have you tried the coloured beams. The only fault I found with them is if you are not careful how you store it in your bag it is easy to accidentally turn them on without knowing. the battery life on them is excellent though.

Hi Richard, yes the low setting is still a bit bright, which I use most of the time. Have you tried the coloured beams. The only fault I found with them is if you are not careful how you store it in your bag it is easy to accidentally turn them on without knowing. the battery life on them is excellent though.
Yes I use the green light a lot on the lowest setting but it’s still a bright light. I have a petzl tactica Xp with green filter that is much dimmer and my go to torch for bankside work. Use the RM mainly for navigation only.

Back