• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Headlamp

David Weeks

Hi all
after a little advice I after buying a new headlamp has to have a very good red light as I move around a lot at night in swims were the water is gin clear so the red light is essential

thanks in advance

I've had one of these for 3 seasons now -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ledlenser-...id=1473602811&sr=8-5&keywords=led+lenser+head

It has a separate compartment on the back that houses the batteries, keeping the actual lamp part light which helps to stop it sliding down or falling off your head.

Goes from "normal" to the brightness of the sun using the lever on the battery unit.

Hasn't failed me yet and I'm out several times a week.

The batteries (3 x AAA) last a very long time - I don't think I changed them for the whole of the first season.

Not the cheapest but well worth IMO

Take two headlmps .

I have always took two with some spare rechargeable batteries , just ordered one of those E-bay energizers, can vouch for them as even continued to work after being immersed in the river dearne, and only the strap is a bit bobbins now after much use .

Back