• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Head Torch

Stephen Scaysbrook

Morning All.
First let me just say sorry for a quetion that I know has been done before but I do need input.
I'm after a Petzl head torch that has a white light and a red light and 60 or more lumans.
I've found loads on there web site but most seem to have lot's of functions I just would not need or use IE flashing light fading light red green and blue lights. Some of which you have to go through before getting to the light you want.
I used to use the Energizer which had a simple left/ right switch for red & white light. Is there a petzl on the market that does this??.
I find the Petzl much brighter on the white light which helps me land fish in the dark.

Thanks for any help
Scaz+

Tikka + probably your best bet Scaz
I use a led lenser myself as it has variable lighting but not for everyone due to the rear battery pack

Was the fleece ok? Probably a bit creased after being in my car all that time!

Gardner tackle phazer head light well happy with mine very light as well

I wanted a simple light headtorch with red light too and found also that as the performance increased so did the weight and the unnecessary features.
In the end I discounted the Petzls and got this cheap simple Coleman and although it's only a 40 lumins max the light is quite adequate for landing fish and walking in the dark. It did suffer from water damage when I dropped it in but Go outdoors replaced it with no questions. Very light and only needs 2 AAA batteries, have used it one or two times a week since the start of the season and did the first battery change last week.
Coleman CHT 4 Headlamp | GO Outdoors

There is a useful list of Petzls and Colemans showing their features on the go outdoors site.

I've had a Tikka XP for nearly 10 years, brilliant piece of kit, looks like it might go another 10, although I have been thinking of buying a newer version with a red light facility.

I'll never buy anything but Petzl, and the Tikka range are perfect for fishing.

Take back up

Colemans cht1o, has red /green light miserly rate and another 3 settings , I always take another plus spare batteries in one of my pockets.

Back