• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Harrison Interceptor rod - SOLD

Luke Hodson

Mike Donovan built Long Range Tench rod.
Built on a Harrison Interceptor 12' 1.75lb blank
John Roberts sliding reel fittings.

Harrison state:
Very slim blank designed to cast 1 to 1 1/2 oz bombs 100 yrds, with a crisp action that can easily take up a long line and plant the hook. However this is not a fast taper rod but a true compound taper with the ability to control and subdue the most stubborn fish. This rod is ideal for both big tench and bream, taking big chub and barbel from rivers.

In mint condition, only used twice and thinning down my collection.
Collection from Northamptonshire, 15 minutes from junction 14 or 15 of the M1 motorway, NN29 postcode.
£140 £125

IMG_7439.jpeg
IMG_7440.jpeg
IMG_7441.jpeg

Last edited:
It is a cracking rod and I would love to keep it but have way too much kit and tend to drift to using other set ups.
Although marketed for long range tench and bream its perfect for chub and barbel too and would make a great roving and touch ledgering rod as its nice and light due to reel fittings, blank and single leg rings on the tip section so also a nice float rod for larger fish.

Last edited:
I thought the same Luke. Very versatile! I have their torrixs and an Avon. Had all the well known rods in the past 10 years, really just to try, Hardy's etc you name them but Harrison's still the nuts for me. I don't need another 1.75 sadly!. If you would consider a px then I have a new x7 on eBay! Ha!

It is a cracking rod and I would love to keep it but have way too much kit and tend to drift to using other set ups.
Although marketed for long range tench and bream its perfect for chub and barbel too and would make a great roving and touch ledgering rod as its nice and light due to reel fittings, blank and single leg rings on the tip section so also a nice float rod for larger fish.
They definitely make good barbel rods. Bit heavy for chub though imo. I have 3 of these mainly for tench and bream and they are my favourite rods.

Price drop, £125 tempting anyone?
Got to be worth a trip to collect for that price 😃

Last edited:
Back