• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Harrison Chimera 2 - 1.75 New Build.

Bob Gill

Administrator
Staff member
Treated myself by building a new Harrison Chimera 2 (well I was bored).
Thought I'd experiment with the relatively new Fuji TCH reel seat and so fitted one along with a few bits of hardwood. Full decent grade cork handle.

Picture speaks better than words.

DSCN0745 + 767  combo c3.jpg

More spec details - Fuji TCH (Titanium Carbon Hybrid) size 15 reel seat, Fuji BC 'K' series guides, Gudebrod 'garnet' thread with HT silver accents.
'Home brewed' butt cap with hardwood/stainless steel/rubber and logo.

DSCN0732  600 butt.jpg

Cheers
Bob

What a gorgeous build that is.

I think I’d probably chose a different reel seat to suit the “classic” look of the wood on the handle. Something less futuristic or egomaniac looking like an IPS with the wood at the back and front hood.

That reel seat is sensational mind. I’d love it on a float rod. Sadly decent custom built float rods can’t be bought

What a gorgeous build that is.

I think I’d probably chose a different reel seat to suit the “classic” look of the wood on the handle. Something less futuristic or egomaniac looking like an IPS with the wood at the back and front hood.

That reel seat is sensational mind. I’d love it on a float rod. Sadly decent custom built float rods can’t be bought
Thanks Rich. I've used loads of IPS but for a less bulky feel I prefer the Fuji VSS. There are quite a few seats offered by other manufacturers that might fit the bill.
A lot of Fuji components are interchangeable and there are some available as 'extras'. As an example a VSS16/15 used in wind up orientation with a shaped Fuji TVSS16/ASH locking collar and contoured 'bulked' cork foregrip.

VSS fore cork.jpg

One thing to note about the VSS16 is that the internal bore quoted is misleading - the '16' is often 13.5mm ID.

Last edited:
Bob, that is a fantastic looking rod. Do you still build to order and if so approximately how much would a similar rod cost ?
Thanks Steve - officially retired some time back but occasionally do the odd bit of work. Courier charges have become prohibitive.
All the best.
Bob

Lovely. I wish I had the practical skills in making a rod, something I would like to learn in future

Back