• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Harrison 11' Avon 1.6lb

Josh Evans

Decided to let it go..

Mick Holgate build with Kigan guides, Fuji reel seat, cork handle, great condition. Willing to ship within the UK.

With that in mind, looking for offers in the region of £200 posted.

Attachments

• IMG_4931.jpeg
    IMG_4931.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_4933.jpeg
    IMG_4933.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_4934.jpeg
    IMG_4934.jpeg
    251.1 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_4935.jpeg
    IMG_4935.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_4936.jpeg
    IMG_4936.jpeg
    241.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_4937.jpeg
    IMG_4937.jpeg
    244.3 KB · Views: 148
One of my favorite Harrison rods in the whole range. Beautiful fish playing rod. Every mm will bend
I’ve got 2 of them. 1 spliced tip and 1 standard Avon.
They are the bloody nuts! 😎

One of my favorite Harrison rods in the whole range. Beautiful fish playing rod. Every mm will bend
I thought yous is twin tip.

Lovely rod, always wondering how this blank compares to Chimera Avon, which also bend nicely.

I have the peregrine built version. Pure class throughtout. Probably upset some on here when I say with a polaris float it's magical.

I have the peregrine built version. Pure class throughtout. Probably upset some on here when I say with a polaris float it's magical.
It’s not a peregrine version Alec it’s the exact same Harrison blank but built by Roger McCourtney. Peregrine rods are fantastically built rods, some with altered names like “GTX” but still all built on Harrison standard blanks. I think he does 2 specials. The mk11 floodwater and the centrepin friendly GTI known as paul4 and designed by our very own @Paul Whiteing

Very wise if I may say so. The avon 1.6 blank is a masterpiece. Made by a proper builder, it is magical!. I know Roger has made over a 100 in his time. You have a great rod made by a master builder at a superb price. Can't do better!. I was your way , closeish anyway yesterday at Silverstone.

It’s not a peregrine version Alec it’s the exact same Harrison blank but built by Roger McCourtney. Peregrine rods are fantastically built rods, some with altered names like “GTX” but still all built on Harrison standard blanks. I think he does 2 specials. The mk11 floodwater and the centrepin friendly GTI known as paul4 and designed by our very own @Paul Whiteing
Sorry Richard. Yes it's Rogers build on a harrison blank. I had it made to match my torrix's he made for me. Even I as a thicko notice the different action though!Ha! What tip ,3oz.? I am trying to downsize but that's a tempting thought.

Sorry Richard. Yes it's Rogers build on a harrison blank. I had it made to match my torrix's he made for me. Even I as a thicko notice the different action though!Ha! What tip ,3oz.? I am trying to downsize but that's a tempting thought.
Mark built it for me. 2oz tip. Very special rod to me this one. It’s had some fantastic fish including barbel to 14lb, chub over 6lb, tench to 8lb and commy carp to 16lb. It’s one of those rods that you think …….” It’s gonna break “ but it always has a little bit more.

Link here to the day I picked her up

I liked that Rochard. Your explanations are always a good read as well as informative. I have already sent an email to Roger. My recollection is that he does 3 oz + spliced but on a 1.6 I suspect that's ok. Agree?

Mark built it for me. 2oz tip. Very special rod to me this one. It’s had some fantastic fish including barbel to 14lb, chub over 6lb, tench to 8lb and commy carp to 16lb. It’s one of those rods that you think …….” It’s gonna break “ but it always has a little bit more.

Link here to the day I picked her up
Which quiver tip manufacturer did you use out of interest?

Was thinking of having a free spirit quiver tip on a future build as it happens, but have had a few people mention that those carbon tips are brittle.... Which is news to me by the way! 🤔

I liked that Rochard. Your explanations are always a good read as well as informative. I have already sent an email to Roger. My recollection is that he does 3 oz + spliced but on a 1.6 I suspect that's ok. Agree?
It’s 1lb 6oz not 1.6lb. Mark has it on his website as 1.25lb but in reality it’s more like 1.4lb.
Either way I had mine fitted with a 2oz on Harrison recommendation based on what they believe suits the blank best.
The builder doesn’t splice the tip. It comes pre spliced from the factory as a finished blank

Too old now to be embarrassed by my ignorance. I have seen MT offering torrix at 1.25, I think I am right. The 1.6 avon is I thought effectively a 1. 3/8 in old money . I will wait till I hear from Roger in response to my enquiry and report back then.

Back