• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Harefield lake

Great Pity, it will be interesting to see what turns up in any netting/fish removal though, my money is on a few BIG surprises, Eels, Tench and Bream in particular, always meant to give it a season or two but never got around to it :(

Great Pity, it will be interesting to see what turns up in any netting/fish removal though, my money is on a few BIG surprises, Eels, Tench and Bream in particular, always meant to give it a season or two but never got around to it :(
Same here, i was going to buy a ticket and go after those slabs, the fish will no doubt end up in farlows:(
just hope the stock gets removed quick otherwise there won't be any to remove.

Last edited:
Remember fishing Korda on the causeway bank and seeing a carper opposite me on Harefield land an absolute donkey of a Bream, definately 15 plus, unhooked and returned without weighing.

a little sad for me as i held a ticket ever since it was £18 a season
my son informs me farlows will be a limited ticket water which again saddens me

a little sad for me as i held a ticket ever since it was £18 a season
my son informs me farlows will be a limited ticket water which again saddens me

John, the season tickets on farlows are already limited, do you mean the day tickets.

No Dave, my lad says they are going to put a syndicate membership only on it:( i used to love farlowes even when it froze over brrrr cold bitter cold weekends wrapped up in doubled up usa feather mountain bags
plenty of glycerin on the rod rings and prayed the surface wouldnt freeze overnight:eek: then in summer under the badgers sets straight thru the pads

Back