• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Happy Christmas and thank you...

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to wish all our visitors a very happy Christmas and New Year.

I'd like to say a big thank you to our excellent team of moderators who do a great job of keeping BFW a civilised place to post and visit.

I'd also like to thank anyone who supports the BFW online shop. Although the range we stock isn't particularly extensive, have have a number of loyal customers who repeatedly order their essentials, and it is appreciated.

Last of all I would like to thank the people who regularly post on the forums and river reports. Since switching to using the 'real names' system in 2010 and making the site less instant to join, we've obviously seen a drop in posters who use Facebook instead. I'm very grateful for the continued, valuable contributions of our loyal membership which I think continue to offer the barbel angler a great source of detailed advice and opinion.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Andy, Claire and family

Hi men,

Happy Xmas to you Andy and all your family and BFW users . Seeing the carnage that is the fishing pages on Facebook I know that people retreat to this site for sanity . Even now there are threads running with people having polar views , but it does not end in world war 3 . Still a nice place to drop in on , and people will realise that Facebook can be good , but does not flow like a good website :).

Happy Xmas from all the Hatters

Best wishes to Andy, Claire, Poppy and Daniel and the rest of the family, my fellow moderators and all who contribute and support Bfw.
Have a great Christmas and wish you best for the forthcoming year and beyond.
Bob, Sue and Dexter the Jindo.

Wishing Andy& Claire and family and all the BFW family of mods and tech staff a wonderful christmas and a prosperous new year john walker:):):):):):):):):):
and now i am officially half retired a well deserved bit of fishing, dunnit and looking forward to 2016:D:D:D:D

Thanks Andy and a Merry Christmas. A great forum too..and thank you.

Merry Christmas to you Andy and family and all who post on here.Now that I cannot fish it is a good source of pleasure for me.thanks again for a great site
Albert

To you and yours john merry Christmas.i am sorry to tell you John my beloved Barbara passed away in November .after 63 years of being married to her I am devastated I am crying now and can't help it
Albert

To you and yours john merry Christmas.i am sorry to tell you John my beloved Barbara passed away in November .after 63 years of being married to her I am devastated I am crying now and can't help it
Albert

So sorry to hear that Albert, I will toast you Barbara, and wish you all the Goodwill and Happiness you can handle.

Albert mate i am truly sorry for your loss and didn.t know mate my sincerest condolences and apology , Albert just remember mate she would have wanted you to stiffen up and soldier on and try enjoying life as you always have done, i have no doubt if you had gone 1st you would,ve wanted her to do likewise but above all else mate you undoubtedly had a wondeful long and happy marriage as you could have wished for mate. john

Oh Albert, I am so very sorry to hear that devastating news. You had lived, loved and laughed together for 63 years, then fate does this to you - so sad. There are no words that can help you at this time Albert, but that time worn old cliche is actually very true mate....time does heal. I lost my oldest daughter to her second bought of cancer a few years back, and am only now accepting that fact. Give it time Albert.

Dave.

Albert so sorry to hear that news, please try to be strong i know thats easy to say but be strong Albert Barbara im sure would want you to be.....You are in my thoughts Albert..

We don't know each other Albert, but I do feel for you, my Dad having lost my Mum last year after 69 years. You clearly have some good friends on here and those that can will rally round. The best advice Dad ever received was to try to say 'yes' to everything. I sincerely hope that this works for you too. All the very best, Rod.

Albert , it's easy for me to say this and I'm sure it will be hard for you to do in these dark days , but think of the many good times you and Barbara had together, try and keep those thoughts in your mind .

Albert i agree with what Mike is saying try to keep that in your head old son....

Back