• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Handle for Shimano RE 5000

Simon Gurney

Hi guys , as above i’m struggling to find a replacement double handle for one of my RE 5000 looked everywhere!! Shimano haven’t got any , just wondering if anyone has an old reel for spares or handle lying around?
Cheers Simon

Do dl 4000fa handles fit?if you can find out let me know as I'm waiting for single handles to come back into stock at a shop I use.
If they do I'm happy to sell pair to you .
Peter

I've got two spare double handles at home, can't remember if they fit my 5010s. In France till Sunday so I'll have a look when I get back

Tried um in both 5010s and 6010s but the spindle that goes into the reel is too large to fit Simon. I bought um from China having measured the spindle diameter on mine and surprisingly they aren't what they were supposed to be. So sorry m8 I can't help ya

might be worth taking a chance on these.

Last edited:
Derek, the top link is very similar to those I purchased. Regrettably the measurement tolerances aren't great hence those I purchased were like me, too fat round the middle 🤪
Sounds like me Steve 🤣

Tried um in both 5010s and 6010s but the spindle that goes into the reel is too large to fit Simon. I bought um from China having measured the spindle diameter on mine and surprisingly they aren't what they were supposed to be. So sorry m8 I can't help ya
No worries buddy, i had same trouble 🤣 thanks anyway 👍

might be worth taking a chance on these.

Cheers Derek 👍

apologies for the delay Simon, been a bit under the weather. I do have a spare double handle but it’s off a 8010 so not sure if it would fit.

Back