• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Handle Bearing Replacement on Shimano 5000 RE

Nicholas Cole

Re-posted from the technical thread:

Thinking of replacing the two handle bearings in my 5000 REs. Does anyone know the size of the bearings I would need? I know there are some on ebay, mainly from the US but as I might need 6 sets I'm thinking it would be preferable to source direct from an engineering supplier in the UK. If no one knows the sizes I'll have to buy a set from ebay and work it out from there. I'm reluctant to measure the worn parts as I don't have a micrometer or an understanding of how much wear has occurred!

Any info appreciated please.

If you look carefully at the bearing shield/cover you can often see a code,if you search that code and bearing you should find the type. Either that or contact Shimano Filindre for repair or parts

As Mark says, try Felindre.

Mark, Derek

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take a look to see if there is a part number on them. I'm really looking to replace with upgraded bearings rather than OEM parts from Felindre but the part code should lead to the dimensions - hopefully!

Back