• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Hampton Loade BAA Car Park

Steven Hodges

Senior Member & Supporter
Last night I drove 45 miles to fish Hampton Loade but when I got there 2 cars with anglers in were just coming out and updated me on the situation concerning the car park so I turned round and drove back down the lower.
It appears that the National Trust are actively trying discourage anglers from the Hampton load ferry car park, they will not be issuing the numerical code for the pad lock on the gate, in fact the lock will be a key lock, not a combination lock, the gate will locked at 7pm as from 1/9/2022.
My mate is a BAA member and has habitually, over many years phoned the BAA at the start of the month and asked for the new code.
John Williams of the BAA was unaware of the change in policy, John has been informed , that this not only affects the fishing in the evening ( 1 hour after sunset) but early morning starts as well.
It seems there is an effort to discourage anglers from Hampton Load.
Beware, don't get locked in...

Last night I drove 45 miles to fish Hampton Loade but when I got there 2 cars with anglers in were just coming out and updated me on the situation concerning the car park so I turned round and drove back down the lower.
It appears that the National Trust are actively trying discourage anglers from the Hampton load ferry car park, they will not be issuing the numerical code for the pad lock on the gate, in fact the lock will be a key lock, not a combination lock, the gate will locked at 7pm as from 1/9/2022.
My mate is a BAA member and has habitually, over many years phoned the BAA at the start of the month and asked for the new code.
John Williams of the BAA was unaware of the change in policy, John has been informed , that this not only affects the fishing in the evening ( 1 hour after sunset) but early morning starts as well.
Thanks fir the info Steve.

I'll be having a barbel dabble more local to us once we get a foot of water on

Cheers Steve, sounds like even more 'trouble in store' for Kinver Freeliners, seeing as they're lost their parking next to their stretch just downstream. It's just a further reason for day ticketers to avoid KFAC's Hampton Loade stretch.

It's been an issue for a while it seems. A few years ago, the NT said they lock their car park 'at sunset', which all well and good until it became apparent that the NT decided what time sunset was each day. Lots of campers/lunatics seem to occupy the opposite bank in summertime, so it wouldn't be for me anyway.

Does the NT lease the stretch to the BAA? Or is it just the car park? Why is the NT seemingly trying to discourage/ make life difficult for anglers? Is there a rule that anglers have to be off at a certain time and this is considered as being abused?

Back