• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Hampshire Avon

Jerry Gleeson

Does anyone know of a stretch on the hampshire avon we can use for the 14 rivers barbel challenge, we was looking at using the royalty but at £85 for a day and night session its a bit expensive especially as its going to be at the end of the challenge.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jez

Hi Jerry

Because you want to fish all night as well as the day you are very restricted.
The Royalty offers you the best chance of a double and between the 3 of you there is a good chance you will suceed in the daytime. Night time waters are limited.
I would suggest, Sandy balls holiday park at Fordingbridge (not easy)
Lifelands at Ringwood which is controlled by CAC with day tickets available. Night fishing is permitted below the weir for members but not sure whether this is extended to non members on a day ticket. Maybe David Clewer is looking in and can help (asst secretary)
Bisterne, below Ringwood is another good day ticket stretch but night fishing not allowed.
Good luck in your quest.
Happy to point you in the right direction nearer the time should you wish, PM me.

Regards John

Nigel
we will be down on the avon on the 21st, we have booked in with the shop but afterspeaking with paul its just not practical for us to pay all that on top of the additional costs
ATB
Jez

I've arranged for three day tickets on the Main River and the night in the Compound for you Jerry if you want it. The shop will fund it.

Just let me know if this is any use.

Nice one Nigel, well done. I think Dave Chambers is one of 3 and think he is an RDAA member.
Pressures on them now............. How dare they fail :p
Regards John

Last edited:
Outstanding nigel! Good luck gents - i thought that the Hamphire avon will be the river that makes or breaks your result, you definatly have the best chance on the royalty

A marvellous gesture and shows the true spirit of BFW, much needed after some of the recent unpleasantness.

I've arranged for three day tickets on the Main River and the night in the Compound for you Jerry if you want it. The shop will fund it.

Just let me know if this is any use.

Nigel

That is absolutely superb thankyou very much :)

ATB

Jez

Excellent

Maybe David Clewer is looking in and can help (asst secretary)

John/all,

Yes I do look in occasionally but was too late to see the request for a water on the Avon, this having already been filled by Nigel Davis.

Also, and just for the record, I resigned from the Christchurch Committee last week. Not sure who else on the Committee looks in on this site but I can no longer offer any assistance on behalf of CAC.

Dave

Sorry to hear that David.

Back