• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

hampshire avon.

Neil Partridge

hi all,
i'm off down to christchurch on monday early to fish hopefully both the stour & hampshire avon till thursday possibly friday. can anybody please tell me what weight feeders & leads to take etc.
cheers

Welcome Neil, 44 looks and no answers!

Well I thought I would start you off with a quick response. I have fished the Stour a few times so take a selection and use what ever the conditions dictate. You won't have to cast a huge distance and I would imagine the flow is low in the current hot weather. I would guess a 1.5oz will hold, depending on the flow and where you are fishing in that flow ie features.

good luck

take a few with you up to 3oz, use clip link so you can change them over quickly.

Neil, get yourself to Davis Tackle in Christchurch - the guys in there are superb and will put you in the right direction. Basically, the advice I've been given is fish as late as possible, don't put in too much bait, especially in the Royalty (PVA sticks/bags) and fish in the weed. The Davis Tackle guys will be much more helpful that I can be!

The Stour is very low, so you will get away with 1oz in most spots! Royalty you can get away with 1.5oz in most places, would advise rolling meat/roving approach during the day, then maggot feeder in the evening. As previous posts have advised - visit Davies tackle for latest updates

Back