• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Hampshire Avon recommendations

Jamie Warren

So this is the story lads, my good wife has given me the choice of what I want to do for my 40th, I love the Hampshire Avon, and would love to get back down there for a bash for a long weekend.
trouble is, I need to factor the wife into things. Anyone done similar in these parts of the world?

So this is the story lads, my good wife has given me the choice of what I want to do for my 40th, I love the Hampshire Avon, and would love to get back down there for a bash for a long weekend.
trouble is, I need to factor the wife into things. Anyone done similar in these parts of the world?
I’ve already had a centrepin out of her 😂

I’d have a go on the stour, I fished a stretch once that had both rivers , can’t remember exactly where it was, think it was day ticket from ringwood angling

If you're visiting, there's a lot to recommend about the Royalty and a lot of accommodation related to that.
Barbel catches are not what they were, to say the least but it's still a good coarse fishery for almost everything else plus the occasional sea Trout and Salmon. The harbour is also very good apparently and available on a day ticket. The more disturbance the better it fishes!!!

Back