• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Had my gear nicked last night

Jeremy Evans

Stolen from my garage in Telford last night the following
2 custom built 2lb Harrison Torrix BFW barbel rods, these have my name and photo on them so very personal to me. On these two Shimano 6000 gte reels.
two wychwood solace 1.25 lb specimen rods with fox 500 eos bait runners.
korum 11ft pellet waggler with shimano catana reel
drennan power stick landing net handle
trakker rod bag, korum 50" brolly , various banksticks etc.
Also a Trek 4000 silver mountain bike and carrera vengance black mountain bike.
Any info in strictest confidence

Jeremy thats awful Matey i hope that you manage to get your gear back, these worthless scumbags need their arses kicked and thrown into a deep pit....

Am lucky i have a man cave in my house with 3 Rottweillers roaming about but if i didn't i would be worrying all the time if my kit was in a shed or garage. I really feel for you. I would go mad if my kit was stolen. I hope your house or fishing insurance payout. Check your local boot sales and papers. These scum never live that far away or sadly someone you may know. Maybe worth posting your loose on Facebook and local groups

I echo the sentiments of the of the other guys on the site.
We love our kit, and work hard to get it.

I hope that at least your insurance pays out, but know that is not the point my friend.

I'm absolutely gutted for you Jeremy. It's not of the quality of the gear you have lost but I have pair of Wychwood Rogue 2lb TC (or a pair of 1.75TC if preferred) and a pair of Shimano 4000ST's that are not in use. If they can help you out you are welcome to borrow them. My son and I are travelling up/across to Hereford next Thursday and I'm sure there is a point we could meet to hand over.

regards

Bill W

I hope these thieving rats get caught, check on Gumtree and local car boot sales. My mate had a load of gear stolen as few years ago and less than a month after, he saw it being sold at a car boot sale only a few miles away. He called the police who arrested the scum selling it and he got most of his gear back.

Cheers lads for the offers etc, for reasons i wont go into on here insurance wont cover it which is even more galling for me. Twice in less than 12 months as i had all my carp gear nicked last time. Got to be honest the way i'm feeling at the moment i can see me knocking it all on the head. Just be super careful with your gear lads as always some scumbag around to relieve you of it.

Cheers lads for the offers etc, for reasons i wont go into on here insurance wont cover it which is even more galling for me. Twice in less than 12 months as i had all my carp gear nicked last time. Got to be honest the way i'm feeling at the moment i can see me knocking it all on the head. Just be super careful with your gear lads as always some scumbag around to relieve you of it.

Jes that is a bummer I feel for you, you sold me that Fox Duo Barbel rod , my go to rod still, I have a surplus of rods that I would be please to let you have if it helps, as I am sure the rest on here have various items to get you fishing again, you probably won't ask, but you should, it matters to us as much as you to get you sorted.

Cheers for the offers but at the moment i'm just going to get my head back in the right place and take it from there.

Hopefully it will happen to the scrotes that took it one day. Then they will feel what you are feeling now. Karma!

Keep your chin up
Regards
Dave

This world that we live in sometimes makes me sick.....:mad:

I really feel for you Jez, I know exactly how you feel, and I hope to hell they catch these scumbags. I had a load of gear nicked some years back, and the old bill told me that there was a regular run of gear stolen in the south going up the motorway to the north, and the same with gear stolen up there heading down south. Big business mate, with the cost of gear now.

Let's hope yours was some small scale local toerags, and that it will turn up in a car booty nearby where you or a mate can spot it. The very best of luck Jez.

Cheers, Dave.

I can only echo the sentiments of other members,probably some addict that needs cash for his next fix,what a country we live in.

Very sorry to hear of this Jez and echo the sentiments of fellow posters on your loss. A pox on the scumbags.

I feel for you Jez. It's not just the items themselves, it's the memories associated with your gear and also the violation of your property. You must be gutted having already been robbed once. Hope you manage to get the gear back.

Back