• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Groundbait with tuna??

Wayne Glossop

Hi all, correct me if I'm barking up wrong tree but Iv seen DF using tuna in Spod and groundbait mixes would anyone ever consider using it for barbel? Or has anybody beat me to this?
Regards

Tried tuna several times this summer but tended to get Breamed out with the odd barbel mixed in,but know people who swear by it.give it a try Wayne it might work for you.

Last edited:
it attracts to many pike and eels sniffing about for me, but give it a bash.

Thanks for replys lads. Il give it a go (trial and error I suppose)
Regards

Wayne, it has been used very successfully for barbel for many years, I used to always use it on the Kennet when fishing pellet, crushed pellet and tuna in the feeder, the brine or spring water being enough moisture to wet a kilo of e.g. Dynamite Halibut Powder perfectly, really grind the tuna up as you mix it in..........

Ian Welch wrote a few times about always using tuna as a groundbait additive a couple of years ago in the AM, it does work.........

I would imagine sardines would work well in a groundbait for preds!! ;)

Wayne, it has been used very successfully for barbel for many years, I used to always use it on the Kennet when fishing pellet, crushed pellet and tuna in the feeder, the brine or spring water being enough moisture to wet a kilo of e.g. Dynamite Halibut Powder perfectly, really grind the tuna up as you mix it in..........

Ian Welch wrote a few times about always using tuna as a groundbait additive a couple of years ago in the AM, it does work.........

I would imagine sardines would work well in a groundbait for preds!! ;)

Cheers Ian, convinced me alot more was going to try it anyway but was nice to get some more info :).

I've used it loads in the past,finely chopped up with a spicy groundbait and micro pellet,and boilie wrapped in paste..
Lots of attraction,not much food..
Great winter method...

Luke

Back