• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Grippy 'Andle

Bob Gill

Administrator
Staff member

Although quite uncomfortable :D

Elastoplast sticky bandage would be much easier and sticks really well. And, especially when (spray) painted, gives a very firm grip.

I really love the red wooden bits you do on your handles and reel seats Bob. I’ve never seen this before until I saw them on rods you built. It’s a lovely touch of class. Bet it looks just the ticket on the Harrison claret and chestnut blanks

I really love the red wooden bits you do on your handles and reel seats Bob. I’ve never seen this before until I saw them on rods you built. It’s a lovely touch of class. Bet it looks just the ticket on the Harrison claret and chestnut blanks
Hi Richard, Been adding wood bits for many years. Actually had quite a bit of excess woods from making guitars so wanted to use them. Some very appropriate and suitable woods out there. There are many fly rod reel seats that use wood in their makeup.
Probably used it on all the colour 'painted' Harrison blanks - Chestnut and green being my favourite. Shame that the colour options have reduced over the last few years, although it's possible to DIY.
Did a 11' Torrix 1.75 in a nice deep blue sometime back.
Example of blue on carved figured maple - old photo

Cheers
Bob

Last edited:
Back