• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Grice and Young Gypsy D'Or larger handle upgrade possible?

Hi all.. My husband has a the Grice and Young Gypsy D'Or. Is there anyway to upgrade the handles to something larger? I've used his reel at times and find the handles exceptionally small as well. Thank you.

3ada4e91939d20d9230d03f956a04c59.jpg

Hi Eileen, this is only a suggestion. I bought some new handles from j w young a few weeks ago they do a range so might be with a look/ contact. I think they might be standard though. Saving that Gary Mills at mill tackle should be about to sort you out. Very nice of you to ask the question on his behalf

If you know someone who does wood turning it would be easy for them to make new handles. They could be thicker, longer or both.
There is probably a wood turning group near you, ask at your library. These guys usually have a lathe in their shed and lots of lovely wood.
Good luck.

Back