• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Government gives go ahead for New Cormorant and Goosander Management Plan

I certainly don't think Graham is spoiling for a fight. He's honest and forthright that's all and very commendable too. I don't agree with his views of course but that's another matter! :)

I think it goes far beyond money. People seem to be looking for something that can't possibly be offered....perfection. Some wonderful Utopia where everything we could possibly want is given every time, without fail.

Last time I looked we didn't live in this Eden and looked what happened there eventually!

I wish the party I voted for did everything that they promised they would. I wish the service I received in restaurants, hotels and shops was exceptional every time I used them. I wish every item I ever bought never went wrong and lasted for as long as I thought it should. HELLO! Real World Calling. This is Ground Control to Major Tom. :D

No single body is ever going to be perfect to every individual angler, ever. It aint possible. Now what we can do is start looking at the positives and see if that outweighs the negatives. Then we might just realise that without a national body that is taken seriously by anyone, angling's voice will never be heard. Oh I'm sure there are a few egos with loud enough voices out there that will shout and stamp their feet and tell us we're talking claptrap. That they do vast amounts of work to make a real difference. I have my doubts I'm afraid. This is not about one small project. This is about fighting for our rights and unless you're the reincarnation of Mahatma Gandhi I doubt you'll achieve anything much on your own.

Spot on Nathan. I sometimes think I must have sold myself short in life when I discover how perfect some people expect everything in life to be. Now where's the wife's suitcase ?

Nick C

I have to say that the 'result' was a major disappointment to me. A loosening of the rules of an existing licensing system is not much of a win in my eyes. I was really hoping that they would be added to the 'General Licence' where they belong.

Back