• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Good Quality Sleeping Bag Recommendations

David Potter

Birthday coming up can't think of anything else apart from a new sleeping bag.
I use one for night fishing for Barbel and Carp.

Just want a good quality Bag that zips don't jam, stays in position.

Gardner Carp Duvet Compact - actually not that compact but comfortably sized and good quality - additional toggle in layer for extra warmth, smooth lining (rather than irritating, move with you fleece), hardwearing, breathable and water resistant outer material, reasonable price. I've been through a multitude of different bags over the years and this ranks as one of the best all rounders IMHO . . .

British army artic sleeping bag.
£50 A1 condition of various company's on eBay
They have crash zips so you can be out in seconds just pull the bag open
Fantastic sleeping bags

British army artic sleeping bag.
£50 A1 condition of various company's on eBay
They have crash zips so you can be out in seconds just pull the bag open
Fantastic sleeping bags
Just my two penneth but whilst army bags are probably good for survival in a pinch / waking up to a firefight, they're not designed for anglers IMHO . . . Aqua used to do a similar central zip bag and whilst heat retaining they are not particularly practical. The army bags themselves also do not attach to bedchairs (which I assume the OP is using) and are narrow & snug, designed to move with you as you turn / move in your sleep on some rocky outcrop / jungle basin. For fishing this is a recipe for an uncomfortable night . . .

As been said, one with a Nylon lining. I move about a lot at night and dropped a little clanger when I bought my sleep system as it had a micro fleece lining, and sticks to me when I move. I now just sleep in something smooth instead.

I knew that 80s shell suit would come in handy......... ;)

Hi men ,

From the 70s iv used a good bag inside a cheaper bag , but with all the latest carp fishing bags out there is no bad one . I like the smooth liners so you can turn over easy . Iv got a few , trakkers 5 season , trakkers big snooze , and a few camping ones I picked up for emergency use . I have also got a trakker and an Aqua sleeping bag covers , and matching Aqua pillow , fantastic bits of kit .

Hatter

I can recommend the JRC 3D sleeping bag, matched with a Trakker Levelite ELS it is the last word in comfort, maybe a bit to comfy when getting up on June tenchfishers dawn..

The box sides make turning around really easy, I'm 6'1 and can bury myself in it, it attaches well to the bedchair and the crash zips are effortless.

Not the lightest, but doesn't matter if your using a barrow.

I can recommend the JRC 3D sleeping bag, matched with a Trakker Levelite ELS it is the last word in comfort, maybe a bit to comfy when getting up on June tenchfishers dawn..

The box sides make turning around really easy, I'm 6'1 and can bury myself in it, it attaches well to the bedchair and the crash zips are effortless.

Not the lightest, but doesn't matter if your using a barrow.
I have the Levelite Els, its like a bed from home. Previous to that, I had back ache and not one good night's sleep.

Remarkably comfortable. The Levelite Oval ELS looks decent as well, maybe more practical for a smaller brolly type shelter.
I can get my standard Trakker Els, under a wychwood 50 inch, MHR brolly. The oval ELS would I surmise fit under a treat.

I use an Avid Benchmark X and it fits in my Avid dual layer brolly alright. It's a lovely bed to sleep on, so much so, I'll reel in so as not to be disturbed.

As been said, one with a Nylon lining. I move about a lot at night and dropped a little clanger when I bought my sleep system as it had a micro fleece lining, and sticks to me when I move. I now just sleep in something smooth instead.

I knew that 80s shell suit would come in handy......... ;)
Something smooth. What, like silk? 😂

I have the trakker 365, fist time out it had the fleece lining. Fnar fanar rooms have friction. Simply turned it round to the nylon side... far better by far.

Back