• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Good luck all…

I aim to be on the river 1st light trotting maggots for Chub. Then back home and out again late afternoon into dark on a weir pool for an elusive Ouse Barbel
Doubt I will sleep much tonight
Good luck to you too Alan.
June 16th has always been a cursed day for me throughout all my years of trying. Maybe this year I break that curse 😎
If not …. There’s always the 17th!

This will be the first year I have fished the 16th for quite a while . Gear is all prepped apart from the hemp which is stewing in a flask atm. I will be in the bank for 5.00am whilst it is still cool , hopefully there will not be many if anybody else there . Home for noon then packing the car for an early start on Friday, off to Norfolk to seek Tincas.

Tight lines to everybody 🤞🤞

David

Good luck to you too Alan.
June 16th has always been a cursed day for me throughout all my years of trying. Maybe this year I break that curse 😎
If not …. There’s always the 17th!
Hoping the 16th is kind to me….gonna be too hot for me on Friday, would rather fish in the rain over the weekend

Put some bait in at 12.01 and kicked off at about 3.30am, came off about 17.00
Feel like one of the Walking Dead today and thought I'd sickened myself
But in the last hour I'm thinking gear is in the van, will be sat on my own at home tonight and I've been prepping all close season, so blow it!
We're a long time dead.....

Back