• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Good fun ,Try it

Mark Thompson

Senior Member & Supporter
Had a refreshing break from the barbel on lovely little river, local club stretch.
Used a whip to catch minnows for a bit of perchin with a little rod later on,,first chuck single maggot,,,, caught a perch Ha !

Caught minnow,gudgeon,dace,bleak,perch,chub and a moody little 12" pike.
7 species,nothing big but real good hoot.

Came home refreshed.
Try it ,

Going to use my little telescopic pen rod for tiddlers next time.
Oh what am I like ?:rolleyes:

A small river in Yorkshire (Foss) acts as similar therapy for me after a run of barbel blanks. Agreed, good fun.

Had a refreshing break from the barbel on lovely little river, local club stretch.
Used a whip to catch minnows for a bit of perchin with a little rod later on,,first chuck single maggot,,,, caught a perch Ha !

Caught minnow,gudgeon,dace,bleak,perch,chub and a moody little 12" pike.
7 species,nothing big but real good hoot.

Came home refreshed.
Try it ,

Going to use my little telescopic pen rod for tiddlers next time.
Oh what am I like ?:rolleyes:
i love little rivers like this, takes you back to a 10:) year old.

Used to have a stretch of the River Tern on my club card that was like that, my last 7 species day on there was dace, gudgeon, perch, trout, roach, chub and minnow. It also had grayling but I never had one that day. Unfortunately the club decided to let that water go so that therapy is no longer available to me!

Had great fun recently on the avon local to me with maggot and a very light quivertip makes all bites seem like barbel bites !!

Dace are the future !!
I'm planning an evening with the hemp this week sometime !! Perfect conditions !!

Back