• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Good buy for someone?

Sonics.

I have no knowledge of Sonic freshwater rods, but their surf rods (SK3-SK4 ) have a really bad reputation for snapping about 14" down from the tip, apparently this fault was identified by the north eastern team who tested the rods pre-production, but was seemingly ignored by the manufacturers,who apparently refuse to be held responsible for any manufacturing problems.

So Buyer beware.

Then again, they may be ideal for what they are designed for, Avon style rods..

Dave

I have a set of their carp rods, SK2 2 3/4 tc, and they are excellent. Since I bought them about a year ago I've seen quite a few others and most I have spoken too are also happy with them. They were doing 3 for the price of 2 most of last year.

Had wiggle of some of their rods at the North East fishing show in Seaburn last year and they seemd alright. Aren't the guys who run Sonik ex Greys/Hardy's staff so they should know their stuff. Not a bad price on any of the rods in the range.

The carp rods are fantastic for the money so i can see these being a proper bargain.

Back