• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Golden Grey Mullet

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

This time last week I was enjoying fishing off the beach at Llangenith, Gower with Andy D and Paul H. I'm a numpty when it comes to sea fishing and know very little about any of it.

I flooked this lovely Golden Grey! Landed it, photographed it, discussed whether it should come home for the pot, and then plopped it back in the sea.

An hour later Andy D says '...I think the record for Golden Grey's is only 3lb!'! Of course, we didn't weigh it and the record is actually only 3lb!

So the question is, do you think I was close?

andy-frances-albums-andy-s-fish-picture4076-2012-10-05-18-45-03-2.jpg

A good weekend was had by all :)

Cheers,

Andy F

Hazard a guess at 2lb 10oz. Nice fish Andy.

Andy,

Chuffed to be there to witness the capture, not seen a golden grey in the flesh before and what a terrific fish it was/is.

I reckoned it was 2lbs 8oz, but i guess we will never know. :eek:

Great weekend, a few fish, more than a few beers and if i remember correctly, a few renditions of old songs on your "caravan acoustic." ;)

cheers

Paul

Have you got massive hands? going by your fingers i'd say two and a quarter and a bit!:)
Beautiful fish aren't they, well done.
Dave

Back