• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

GO OUTDOORS gone bust

Great ;) one of my nearest competitors☺
Joking aside, yet another budget retailer gone, used to buy a lot of clothing from there so will have to look elsewhere now😏

Great ;) one of my nearest competitors☺
Joking aside, yet another budget retailer gone, used to buy a lot of clothing from there so will have to look elsewhere now😏
Craghopper`s summer sale is on now

Because the Administrators need to maximise the return to the company's creditors; if that is achieved by a sale back to the original owners then so be it. It would appear counter intuitive to refuse to sell to the owner and reduce the amount returned to creditors on any supposed point of principal.

Funny how the range of rods and reels shrunk to mostly the cheaper end stuff a few weeks ago, no more Rod hutchinson One Rods for £40.00, where has all the other stock vanished too as well !

All their fishing gear looked tat to me, must have missed something!

They bought out fishing republic so as of recent they have actually had a good selection of tackle. I went in Go Outdoors the other week as I needed some gas, and was actually surprised at the range of bait and tackle they have available from major brands.

Had a look at my local store yesterday, more for possible bargains on the cycling front, but pretty poor. The angling section did look a bit bare compared to the past but they have a few relatively "big ticket" items like bivvies and associated paraphernalia for those in that market.

I bought a Westlake 2 man bivvy from there a few years ago and for my limited usage it was an excellent buy at a bargain price. When I got it home the package included the pram hood and overwrap. I did the honest thing and phoned them and they told me to keep them, so an even better bargain. Both "extras" were on sale separately a few days later.

Had a look at my local store yesterday, more for possible bargains on the cycling front, but pretty poor. The angling section did look a bit bare compared to the past but they have a few relatively "big ticket" items like bivvies and associated paraphernalia for those in that market.

I bought a Westlake 2 man bivvy from there a few years ago and for my limited usage it was an excellent buy at a bargain price. When I got it home the package included the pram hood and overwrap. I did the honest thing and phoned them and they told me to keep them, so an even better bargain. Both "extras" were on sale separately a few days later.
Oh dear Neil, you're not turning to the dark side are you?

Back