• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Glue?

Paul Pittman

Instead of using grippas on smaller rivers, I want to make my own weights using 20mm gravel from my garden so that I can blend my end tackle in with the gravel runs. Does anyone know what adhesive I can use to attach the swivel?

I have recently repaired a leak in my pond with a waterproof clear adhesive which comes in a tube for use in a mastic gun. It's one of the new breed of mastic polymer adhesives and is fantastic.

I used that adhesive for repairing a split over a rib in my ageing brolly, worked a treat, so maybe it would be ok for boots.
Brolly then blew inside out and ended up more bent than a bendy thing, but the adhesive was still ok.

Brolly now in landfill.

Dave

If you want to repair wellingtons, waders or moon boots, the best stuff on the planet is Aquasure - it's brilliant stuff!

Last edited:
Ditto Aquasure just be careful to store it in your freezer when not in use as it is good to go straight from the tube like Araldite after mixing and the polymers will set at room or even fridge temps.

Unbeatable product though;)

Back