• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Glamorgan angling, monmouth

Cliff Cullen

Good morning,

Could anybody give any info with regards to this stretch, myself and my wife will be making our annual trips to the wye in July and Sept from Essex, in the past we've always fished wuf,angling dreams, old harp,stans etc, however this yr I have joined gac as all the obove cost a fortune, any info on the state of the banks, swims etc, is it wild, high banked,, deep / shallow. Rocky? Many thanks in advance
Cliff

Top end is shallow with lots of rannuculus in the summer. I do know that Monmouth rowing club use this stretch as well. The access road although narrow is good with a few parking spots along the way. The nearer you get to the bridge the deeper it gets I believe. Banks are wooded but I ve never fished the pegs,that is all I can tell you I'm afraid as don't fish the stretch but pass it by.

Cheers

Brian

Just trying to get my bearings on this one.
Around Monmouth up and down you have Monmouth water far bank and both below bridge.
Above the Monmouth water top end is, I understand Gwent water? According to Monmouth website.

Where is the Glamorgan bit?

According to my map
Around Monmouth up and down you have Monmouth water far bank and both below bridge.
Above the Monmouth water top end is, I understand Gwent water? According to Monmouth website.

According to the map from the town bridge upstream both banks to around 3 fields up from the church on the a40 side where a stream enters the river

Cheers Cliff. Ok got that. MON seem to have far bank level and above the church line.
And dstream below bridge

Graham

monmouth1.png

Back