• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Gimmicks that aren't

Chris Jones

Three fishing related things that I've heard suggested are gimmicks that I firmly believe aren't.
1) Oval blanks (Aerocast).
2) Tri-Drag (front, rear and fightin').
3) Cralusso floats (expensive but worth it).

What have you encountered that was reported to be a gimmicky that you've found to be very good?

Boris Johnson

Carl Pilkington is an unfunny show pony.

Aha....another carp nut :D Quite right David, they work beautifully. When I first saw these I marvelled at the size and foolishly argued long and hard with the inventor about the advisability of attempting to launch one full of bait with a light spod rod. Long and short...I was wrong, he was right. They cast like a dream :p

Cheers, Dave.

Aha....another carp nut :D Quite right David, they work beautifully. When I first saw these I marvelled at the size and foolishly argued long and hard with the inventor about the advisability of attempting to launch one full of bait with a light spod rod. Long and short...I was wrong, he was right. They cast like a dream :p

Cheers, Dave.
there is a mini spomb coming soon.:D

Back