• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Gardener pro dark blend Line

HI all hope everyone's well
Apologies if this has been touched upon

Has anyone used Gardener dark blend line and if so your thoughts please.
Any recommendations on other lines also will be appreciated.

All the best

Got that line on a couple of reels in 10lb bs 0.28mm..
i like the stuff, it's robust enough , quite supple and it does what it says on the tin
i've still half a spool left which i certainly will be using at some point and then i would buy again,
good price as well. can't go wrong imo...

Have been using ESP Synchro XT exclusively in the 'standard' variant for almost a decade (since first release) . . .primarily 15lb & 18lb for Carp fishing. Have landed Carp to 50lb & Cats over 70lb+ on the 15lb with a 25lb Fluro leader . .

Put the newer 'loaded' variant on my carp reels last season and whilst still good its a bit springier and doesn't cast as well but is a 'nicer' colour and sinks a little faster . . . both are extremely abrasion resistant (have wrestled some decent fish from dense lilly pads)

Currently using the 12lb standard on my 5010 GT baitrunners and its great - haven't tried the 10lb but I'm sure it would perform just as well. The line spools up well when pre-soaked and behaves itself nicely.

Wouldn't use the new loaded variant with smaller spools (small baitrunners) based on its springiness but would consider it if I ever had a wider spooled barbel reel (eg. castizm's - I wish!) . . .

Last edited:
Have been using ESP Synchro XT exclusively in the 'standard' variant for almost a decade (since first release) . . .primarily 15lb & 18lb for Carp fishing. Have landed Carp to 50lb & Cats over 70lb+ on the 15lb with a 25lb Fluro leader . .

Put the newer 'loaded' variant on my carp reels last season and whilst still good its a bit springier and doesn't cast as well but is a 'nicer' colour and sinks a little faster . . . both are extremely abrasion resistant (have wrestled some decent fish from dense lilly pads)

Currently using the 12lb standard on my 5010 GT baitrunners and its great - haven't tried the 10lb but I'm sure it would perform just as well. The line spools up well when pre-soaked and behaves itself nicely.

Wouldn't use the new loaded variant with smaller spools (small baitrunners) based on its springiness but would consider it if I ever had a wider spooled barbel reel (eg. castizm's - I wish!) . . .
Another fan of the Syncro XT but I use the Loaded version for Barbel in 15lb, good solid line 👍

Back