• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Gadgets, gizmo's, rods, reels and odds and ends

the best thing I've got for fishing this year is a plastic thermal mug. costs about £2 from any old camping shop.

I do a lot of night fishing and it's absolutely brilliant. boil up the kettle and make the tea in the cup - which warms you up by doing something anyway - then you can forget about it and it stays hot for ages. it even has a lid so if you get a bite you don't necessarily pour hot tea all over yourself *

* I found it's 50/50.

Seymo do a couple of 'Loop Tyers' for matchmen. I find the smallest one ideal for tying 'Hair Loops'. With my fat fingers a god-send......

Paul, agree on the Seymo Loop Tyer but if you can find the Korum version (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Korum-Loop-Tyer_W0QQitemZ130342799017QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_SportingGoods_FishingAcces_RL?hash=item1e590946a9) they are even better. A bit harder to lose and the pegs don't bend and eventually snap like the Seymos.

Best thing I've "discovered" in the last 4 years must be the Fox or Korum (etc) pellet pegs - the v shaped ones. Forget pellet bands or superglue - knowing your bait is still on even if you are getting chubbed out is a big confidence booster!

Will,
The one I'm thinking of looks like a 'deformed crochet needle'........
Takes a little mastering, but produces loops of the same size time after time.....

Paul M.

Will,
The one I'm thinking of looks like a 'deformed crochet needle'........
Takes a little mastering, but produces loops of the same size time after time.....

Paul M.

Paul the one you are talking of is the updated model. The one that will is talking of consisted of a round piece of plastic about the size of a 1p coin and on one edge it had two pegs at about 1/4" spacing apart and 180 degrees opposite this were another two pegs that were spaced about 1/8" apart.

lg_seymo-loop-tyer.jpg
704.gif

Hope that helps?

Andy, were you refering to the Fox Knot Picker?
s_product_images%5CWeb%20Images%5Cfox%20pike%20accessories%5CFX_BraidPi.gif

Would anyone be able to post the instructions on how to use the the crochet needle type ?

I did have it mastered but in the years since I last used it have forgotten :confused:

regards
Richard

Agree with you on the Korda Krusha. Excellent idea.

I think in the past four years rather than pick out a great development I would have to mourn the passing of the Nash Nomad chair. It was the perfect river roving chair, seemed loved by all who used it, and so it was, er, axed.

On the other hand the one bit of kit I'm most glad to have discovered over that time isn't strictly speaking a tackle shop product - the mighty Muck Boot. It has made winter fishing so much easier for me on rivers.

Found a very handy Gizmo from Rigmaster which makes the knotless knot a doddle, even with very small (18s/20s ) hooks. You can set the hair length you require and produce identical rigs time and time again. Very usefull when using boilies, drilled pellets and such like.

rigmaster.jpg

I'd say my best purchase of the year was a Starbaits Compact chair. Very comfy and incredibly light - it's been a real joy to sit on after the long walks.

compact chair.jpg

Solar hair gauge. No more guessing and ending up with hairs way too long or way too short.:)

Nice to see the Korda Krusha getting some kudos. I think you've just made my mind up for me.

1. Spro tripod - perfect big river pod and still to find a peg i cannot use it in.
2. Super glue
3. Power pro Braid
4. Google earth - if it wasnt for this i would still be fishing day ticket stretches
5. Some good mates - where would be without them?

Back