• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

FS:12ft Shimano Antares Concept Barbel Rod

Adrian Cole

For Sale: Unused Shimano Antares Concept 'CLASSIC' Barbel Rod 1.75 or 2.25 TC (9 pieces supplied 10 with the extra butt section).

I bought this just before Christmas as a treat ready for getting back into fishing properly. Unfortunately, now I have been given the expected recovery period from my motorcycle accident and the surgery required it going to be a year or more before it will even get a wet line through it..so its up for sale.

As well as the rod I also bought another butt section from the Beastmaster Barble rod that fits the Antares but is not so 'bling'. What this allows you to do is make up and use both 1.75 & 2.25 TC (or combinations off) rods at the same time & use together. The rod(s) come in quite smart rod case.

This lot stands me in @ £290 but I will sell for £240. Like I said its never been used or wet. Sorry but collection only from Waterlooville (Nr Portsmouth).

Some Blurb on rod spec:
Superbly appointed with Ti-Lite guides, Fossilwood reel seat, Power Cork grip and TAFTEC quivertips, the Antares BX Barbel Concept duo are expertly crafted on high quality XT200 + Biofibre blanks.

The Classic weighs a total of 370g while the Power version tips the scales at 22g, reflecting the extra power inherent within the blank.

Supplied in soft cloth rod bags, both are pure pleasure to have and to hold – just like the species they'll help you catch.

Concept Barbel Classic: Length: 12ft Weight: 370g 2 Section design (9 pieces supplied) Casting weight: 1.75lb –2.25lb.

Attachments

• lg_shimano-antares-bx-concept-barbel.jpg
    lg_shimano-antares-bx-concept-barbel.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 759
Before eBay

OK before it goes on eBay £200 for forum members. Collection only, cash on collection or Paypal 'GIFT'

If it goes on eBay I may well break it down and keep one rod and sell off the other if any interest.

cheers
Adie

Back