• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Frozen Hemp

Martin Lingard

I have " inherited" a few gallons of frozen , prepared hemp and frozen tubs of crushed boile and pellet based feeder mix , these are 18-24 months old .

Will they be ok for use this season ( or longer ) ?

I know that as hemp buckets defrost , any freeze dried particles at the top need removing as they'll be floaters.

Being from Yorkshire , waste is a hanging offence.

I have " inherited" a few gallons of frozen , prepared hemp and frozen tubs of crushed boile and pellet based feeder mix , these are 18-24 months old .

Will they be ok for use this season ( or longer ) ?

I know that as hemp buckets defrost , any freeze dried particles at the top need removing as they'll be floaters.

Being from Yorkshire , waste is a hanging offence.
Be spot on, I'm from Barnsley, so as a true Yorkshireman, if you don't ask, you will never get it! Any spare 😆 🤣

Martin, I understand your anguish.
As I fish often, but rarely get a bite, I would be happy to relieve you of these products. 'cuz if I chuck it in it won't make any difference to my chance of catching 😄.

Seriously, I've had frozen hemp for two years plus and when defrosted has looked and smelt fine. So I would say use it.

Back